Bathroom renovations can be a wonderful project for homeowners to take on. There are so many possibilities ranging from the simple paint job to a tub to shower conversion and other projects that can transform a bathroom from outdated and deteriorating, to beautiful, modern, and stunning.
Whether you want a modern or contemporary upgrade, or a rustic, industrial, or romantic bathroom, there are an endless array of design options to choose from, with accessories and color palettes in a wide variety of affordable options.
With so many options and possibilities to choose from and the risk of making a mistake that detracts from your investment, selecting the right design can feel stressful and frustrating. Fortunately, making one of these costly and frustrating mistakes on bathroom renovations can be avoided for the most part, with proper planning and by hiring the right team of experts that will work with you instead of for you.
At Luxury Bath of Raleigh, we’re dedicated to helping our customers make the best decisions for their bathroom renovations, with intensive and personalized design consultations, superior products, and top-quality service from start to finish, If you’re planning to renovate your bathroom with a beautiful new design, take a look at some of the top five biggest renovation mistakes you can make and how to avoid them from achieving a successful upgrade for your home this year.
Top 5 Mistakes to Avoid in Bathroom Renovation
At Luxury Bath of Raleigh, we don’t believe that mistakes are inevitable parts of the construction or renovation process. Instead, we believe in careful planning, high-performance, durable products, and world-class service—which includes constant communication between our team and our customers.
Over the time we’ve spent gaining valuable experience as the area’s leading bathroom contractors, we have an excellent understanding of what can go wrong during a renovation and how to avoid the problem. Here are the top five mistakes commonly made by homeowners building custom bathrooms, and what we do to prevent them from occurring on the job.
- Not defining your needs and ideas against your space: As mentioned before, there are so many options to choose from in your bathroom remodel. However, the mistake lies in not knowing or expressing what you really want For example, maybe you want more natural light but that means sacrificing storage space. Determine how you will address the issue and which one takes priority so you can clearly discuss these ideas with a design consultant.
- Trends before practicality: Trends may come and go, but functionality and practicality will always be in season. Following a trend at the risk of losing practical functions can clash horribly with the outcome of your project. Maybe wild colors are trendy, but are they really what you want? Also, do you plan to sell the house later? Will what you do detract from your home value in a few years? If you’re not sure about a trend’s ability to last over time, it might be a good idea to stick to a safer, tried-and-true design option.
- Not considering your functional items: Many times homeowners make the most beautiful bathrooms but render it almost nonfunctional. This happens when homeowners don’t consider the space needed for using their shower or the space between toilet and sink or bidet. No one wants to have to squeeze in or be cramped when using the bathroom so make sure to map out the dimensions so the bathroom can accommodate actual use comfortably.
- Ignoring the importance of light and ventilation: Light and air are traditionally considered as add-ons in the design process. Unfortunately, light and air ventilation should be higher on the list of priorities for your bathroom remodel, as they’re extremely important aspects of your bathroom design and layout. Without proper lighting, you can’t do your makeup or shave with detail because you can’t see. Lack of ventilation means that when you steam up the bathroom from that hot shower that the moisture won’t disappear in a timely manner. This can harm your paint job or fixtures since long-term dampness harms over time.
- Not trusting the work of professionals: You know what you want, and have articulated your needs and priorities to the professionals working on it. However, hiring a team needs to be done carefully. Devote time to studying all proposals before you even hire the company. Know what they can do and what is included in their proposal. Search customer reviews on their website, social media pages, and third-party review sites such as Yelp and Angie’s List. Finally, check with the BBB and certifying bodies such as the National Kitchen and Bath Association to verify their expertise.
Following the advice in the checklist will put you ahead of the bathroom renovation process. There are other mistakes that can come up so we’ll leave you with this last bit of advice.
Devote thought and planning at every step, so you know exactly what you want. Always do your research. Finally, work with a crew that will work with you and answer every question you have when doing a bathroom remodel in Raleigh like the team at Luxury Bath of Raleigh.
Renovating with Luxury Bath of Raleigh
We understand how important getting your bathroom remodel done right the first time is. That’s why our design consultants work with you from day one. We make sure that all of your design concerns are addressed in your home instead of the showroom, so you know before the first tile is put up, that your bathroom is one to remember for all the right reasons.
We have been at the forefront of the industry since 1988. At Luxury Bath, our experts stay on top of the latest developments and techniques so that we can better serve our customers every single day. No matter if you need a tub to shower conversion or acrylic liners we have you covered in the pursuit of your new bathroom.
Ready to start on your bathroom renovation? Give us a call to speak with one of our agents about our professional bathroom remodel services or fill out our online form to schedule your free quote.