Are you tired of the same-old bathroom cleaning routine? Here are some easy bathroom cleaning tips that will make this thankless job easier and more enjoyable!
Baking Soda and Vinegar Work Wonders
Are harsh cleaners burning your nose and eyes but somehow managing to leave stubborn stains behind? Baking soda and white vinegar might offer the solution you need. These all-natural cleaners are powerful and work great on all surfaces, for example you can:
- Bust Shower Grout Stains: Make a paste from baking soda and vinegar. Apply to shower walls and let it set for about 20 minutes. Scrub the surface and rinse thoroughly.
- Remove Bathtub Rings: Fill your bathtub with water and add 3 cups of white vinegar. Come back four hours later and wipe those stains away!
- Kill Toilet Bacteria: White vinegar kills bacteria naturally. Make a half-and-half water and white vinegar mixture and put it into a spray bottle. Use liberally to remove dirt, odor, and germs.
Get out Your Toolbox for a Cleaner Toilet
Does your toilet seem to smell even after you’ve cleaned it? If you have little boys at home, then it might be time to get out a screwdriver! Remove the toilet lid so you can hit those illusive spots that your little ones might be dowsing every time they miss the toilet bowel.
Have a Cup of Tea and Clean Your Mirror Too
If cleaning your bathroom is a task you dread, then get pumped up by having a nice cup of black tea beforehand—and make some powerful mirror cleaning solution while you’re at it! Black tea contains tannic acid which dissolved dirt and grime with ease. Boil water and make black tea as usual, then once it’s cooled pour the tea into a spray bottle and use it in place of your usual glass cleaner.
Keep Your Bathroom Fresh In-Between Cleanings
The best way to keep your bathroom clean is to battle dirt, odors, and bacteria ahead of time. The following tricks will keep your bathroom fresher in-between cleanings:
- Pour some white vinegar into the back of your toilet for a quick bacteria buster with each flush.
- Apply Rain-X to your glass shower doors for water spot repellent.
- Spritz the bottom of your vinyl shower curtain with a bleach-water mixture to prevent mildew.
- Keep disinfectant wipes handy for quick re-touches.
Consider That Remodel You’ve Been AvoidingIf your bath or shower is severely stained or damaged, no amount of cleaning will set things right. When that’s the case, it might be time for a shower replacement or bathtub replacement. At Luxury Bath of Raleigh, our bathroom remodelers offer one-day renovations that are easy and affordable. Best of all, our innovative acrylic products will last a lifetime with no harsh scrubbing required!
Subscribe to Luxury Bath of Raleigh's Blog